WELCOME TO SNEAKYMUM'S BLOG


Monday, August 29, 2011

39 weeks+.... apparently only 6 days to go

I'm getting a little skeptical that this baby will come before her due date like my OB has predicted. We had another quick visit last week and Baby M is still 1/5th engaged (or 4/5th in my pelvis already). Same position she's been in for the last 2 weeks. My friends tell me that she must be very clever as she's waiting for her Mum to get over her cough and runny nose and for her Dad to finish up at work. The good news is that my cough is nearly gone and tomorrow is a public holiday here in Singapore so it would be an excellent time to come out and meet us sometime on Wed.

I don't have that 'sick of being pregnant' feeling, just bittersweet that this may be my last pregnancy and I'm trying to enjoy feeling the kicks and squirms while I still can.  On the other hand there has been so many babies born recently that I'm getting very very jealous of waiting for my turn. I've had wonderful news from a friend of mine in Brisbane who'd I'd only chatted to as recently as last Friday night, that she had her baby girl Olivia Neve today. She and I have been on this pregnancy journey together from the moment we discovered that we were pregnant (around 3-4 weeks along) at Christmas time last year, so the birth of her baby is particularly special.
Here we are sharing a funny moment in front of the camera on the computer.
Matthew's doing really well and continues to amaze us with his Mandarin speaking skills. He knows his colours and basic phrases in Mandarin. I've had to learn random phrases like 'liú tì' (my nose is running) and colours like blue 'Lan Se',  red 'Hong Se', yellow 'Huang Se' and orange 'Ju Huang Se' in Mandarin just so that I can keep up with him. The downside of having a bilingual toddler is that instead of having 'No' yelled at you just in English, I get it in Mandarin too 'Pu yǒu!' - together we are teaching Duncan how to speak Mandarin ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment