WELCOME TO SNEAKYMUM'S BLOG


Sunday, June 19, 2011

11 weeks to go - Nesting

Firstly, Happy Father's Day to Duncan! It's Father's day here as it is in most parts of the world and seeing as we are Singapore we thought we might go with the flow.

Here's Duncan with Matthew opening his father's day present.
Oh my goodness have we (the royal 'we' being Duncan, Matthew and I) been busy this past week. We've purchased Matthew's new car seat, bought new storage furniture for Matthew's room to go with his new big boy bed, moved the furniture around between the guest room and Matthew's room, cleared out the storage room and sorted out all the baby toys.

Baby M's room
Matthew's room
Matthew finally got to sleep in his big boy bed for the first time yesterday afternoon and has since had 3 successful sleeps in it. Duncan's just put him down for his 4th sleep. Success in this exercise is defined as 1) not falling out of bed and 2) not trying to escape! Although it seems that Duncan is the only one that can put him to sleep successfully at this point. Matthew insists on talking to me instead of sleeping, he lures me in his room with a sweet 'Mummy come here...'. When I look in on him, I get 'Mummy lie down', which I do next to him and I pretend to sleep followed by a 'Mummy sleep?' query in the dark, he then proceeds to gently pat my face as if to check whether I'm asleep. When I tried to sneak out of bed quietly, in my pregnant state, I clumsily fell out. Then the next thing I heard over head was 'Mummy pillow?' followed by Matthew passing his bolster pillow to me, by this stage I can't help but laugh out loud. The sleep avoidance tactics continue with 'kiss Matthew?'... hmm. I wonder where he's learnt all this??

I was listening out for the 'thump' last night which never came. When we checked on him at 1030pm before going to bed he was nestled into the pillows at the head of the bed and he looked so cute and small in it!
Matthew this morning, not to impressed with me taking his photo.
 He warmed up a little later in the morning shortly after we got ready to head out to brunch with friends.

Here I am at 29 weeks pregnant. Still looking compact, but with 11 weeks to go, there is still much growing to be done!
On the pregnancy front, Baby and I are doing really well. I had my monthly visit to our obstetrician and all is tracking well and it's been confirmed that I don't have gestational diabetes (which I was at an increased risk for). My weight gain is currently 2 whole kilos less than it was when I pregnant with Matthew. Baby is growing as she should be and I was fortunate enough to get this gorgeous picture of her in 3D.
Ultrasound image of Baby M. She looks so cute already.

No comments:

Post a Comment